Tuesday

Secret Vampire by L.J. Smith

When Poppy is diagnosed with terminal cancer who does she turn to for support in coping with her fate? None other than her secret vampire BFF - James, who can actually save her by converting her. This was a very cute, PG rated, YA book that I devoured in about 2 hours time (while at work *snickers*). It's a teen vampire romance drama, with all the cliches/ trimmings. But other than that, it is a great guilty pleasure read. One thing that I did find new and refreshing was that vampirism had a scientific explanation in this story. It wasn’t just about " I VANT TO SUCK YOUR BLOOD". This is the intro story to the Night World series by L.J. Smith.

I found this little gem through one of J.Kaye’s posts. Amazon.com has a limited time free e-book version of it being offered that I couldn’t help getting caught up in right away.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! Have awarded you the Butterfly Awards! Pls check my site. xox

Beth F said...

I have this one on it's way to me from Amazon! Can't wait to read it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

So glad I could help, even in a small way. I do love YA romance.

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

And now I have yet another series on my "I want to read"-list LOL. It's dangerous to surf book blogs ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit